Can I ask more questions?
Absolutely! Our friendly staff are waiting to help you.
What products and services do you provide?
Murder In A Box - Premium Edition: Premium Edition games are the ultimate in interactive party fun. These games require a host and involve games, silly activities and are 100% fun! In these games one of your guests is murdered and another is the murderer. Even though a guest is murdered they continue to play and have a great time as the centre of attention. Your guests work in small teams to solve the crime. If you want a brilliant night to remember order a Premium Edition game. These games are perfect for 11+, teens and adults. They come in 2 to 15, 15 to 60 and 60 to 120 people packs.
We also provide some games that are for 8-12 people which involves discussions and accusations with the aid of Top Secret Player Manuals.
With all games we provide the host which is included in the cost . The cost can vary depending on requirements.
Does each guest get a character and a script?
Giving a guest a script puts them under a lot of pressure. Instead each guest will be allocated a character at the party.
What is included in the Murder In A Box pack?
Premium Edition (depending on size):
- The Murder In A Box – box
- 15 to 120 invitations to send out before the even
- Extra games
- Decoration suggestions
- 15 to 120 character name badges
- Evidence that is hidden and found
- Planning a fantastic party guide book
- 60 to 120 cryptic clues
- The full story
- A prop to be used - Such as a secret letter
- 5 to 15 sets of team directions
- Welcome sign
- Information about venue set up
Can we have food?
Yes. Finger food and platters work really well during a murder mystery.
Where should I hold the event?
Because Premium Edition games involve playing games and your guests doing lots of fun and silly things they need a quiet venue with lots of space.
You can hold a murder mystery at home or in a function venue. Try any venue which:
- Is completely private i.e.: not a restaurant with other patrons.
- Is very quiet i.e. no bands, piped music or DJ's next door.
- Has plenty of room to move around. Imagine all your guests standing in a circle.
- You need one central area big enough for all guests at one time.
What should I tell my guests?
Each guest receives an invitation explaining that they will be attending a murder mystery and it also provides costume suggestions. You fill in the details and send the invitations out. No acting is required just mingling and sleuthing.
Can some guests just watch?
Yes! Your guests can choose their level of participation.
Can we run the Murder Mystery as a fundraiser?
Absolutely! The amount you can charge $20 to $30 a head for nibbles and the mystery.
What is the best theme for an all girl's party or Hen's Night?
You have two choices:
- Our "Hollywood Scandal" theme has characters that could either be boys or girls with names like "The Star" and "The Producer".
- Our "Wild West" theme involves a wedding and a baby swap and is great for a Hen's Night (some guests will be boys but this increases the fun!)
Do we dress up?
Costumes are not required, but they are fun. Guests can dress in costume or in a high class outfit.
More info on costumes go to our sister website www.thecostumepartyshop.com.au
Should I decorate?
Many people like to "set the scene" with decorations.
How long will it last?
Most murder mysteries run for 2 to 4 hours.
How many guests can I invite?
Murder - Mystery Pack - Premium Edition games are for 15 to 60 or 60 to 120 people.
Can I know more about the themes?
See the products list on left of this page to get a full list of everything we provide.
What if I have to cancel?
A cancellation fee of $172.00 will apply for notice of less than 7 working days of event.
What do I do now?
If you would like more information or to order via phone please do not hesitate to contact us.